People often ask me what I’m doing now.
Each time, I would type out a reply, describing where I’m at, what I’m focused on, and what I’m not.
So I created this page.
A simple link. Easy to remember. Easy to type.
It’s a nice reminder for myself, when I’m feeling unfocused. A public declaration of priorities.
(If I’m doing something that’s not on my list, is it something I want to add, or something I want to stop?)
What I’m Working On Right MEOW
I’m working full time (because: insurance), staying super focused, and avoiding all distractions. I spend all of my time on these things (in addition to my full-time job):
Right now, I’m focusing on really pushing traffic, growth, and revenue for my main side hustle. Here’s what that looks like:
- I just wrapped up Season 2 of my podcast.
- I’m producing some amazing case studies in prep for the launch of my digital marketing agency for photographers.
- Playing with my boys (3 years and 11 months)
- Enjoying time with my wife
- Getting more tattoos? (Just got Amor Fati and Memento Mori on the inside of my forearms).
- Working out again after a LONG layoff (I did 50 air squats in a row yesterday and almost died)
- Attempting to sleep 6 hours per night
Those are my priorities. Honestly, there needs to be less on that list (I’m working on it).
I don’t want to do anything else right now. (This means I’m saying NO to pretty much everything until further notice.)
Things I’m Not Working on Right Now
- Being a guest on other podcasts
- Starring in the sequel to Inception where Sally Draper hires Leo & co to sort out Don’s past and incept him (but this would be the most rad thing ever right?)
People often ask me to do other things. I sincerely wish them the best, and often wish I could help more, but I say no to all requests, because I just need to focus on my work. For years, I spent most of my time saying YES to people’s requests, and that’s part of why I am where I am today, but I also helped them a lot more than I helped myself.
If my activities or priorities change, I’ll update this page. Last update was November 2016.
This post comes courtesy of the /now movement started by Derek Sivers.
Read more about it here.
Get More Done Than Ever Before
If you’re an entrepreneur dad, like me, you know that finding time to work is nearly impossible. Check out this free video on how I doubled my output every week, without sacrificing my family time.