People often ask me what I’m doing now.
Each time, I would type out a reply, describing where I’m at, what I’m focused on, and what I’m not.
So I created this page.
A simple link. Easy to remember. Easy to type.
It’s a nice reminder for myself, when I’m feeling unfocused. A public declaration of priorities.
(If I’m doing something that’s not on my list, is it something I want to add, or something I want to stop?)
What I’m Working On Right MEOW
I’m working full time (because: insurance), staying super focused, and avoiding all distractions. I spend all of my time on these things (in addition to my full-time job):
Right now, I’m focusing on really pushing traffic, growth, and revenue for my main side hustle. Here’s what that looks like:
- I just wrapped up Season 2 of my podcast.
- I’m producing some amazing case studies in prep for the launch of my digital marketing agency for photographers.
- Playing with my boys (3 years and 11 months)
- Enjoying time with my wife
- Getting more tattoos? (Just got Amor Fati and Memento Mori on the inside of my forearms).
- Working out again after a LONG layoff (I did 50 air squats in a row yesterday and almost died)
- Attempting to sleep 6 hours per night
Those are my priorities. Honestly, there needs to be less on that list (I’m working on it).
I don’t want to do anything else right now. (This means I’m saying NO to pretty much everything until further notice.)
Things I’m Not Working on Right Now
- Being a guest on other podcasts
- Starring in the sequel to Inception where Sally Draper hires Leo & co to sort out Don’s past and incept him (but this would be the most rad thing ever right?)
People often ask me to do other things. I sincerely wish them the best, and often wish I could help more, but I say no to all requests, because I just need to focus on my work. For years, I spent most of my time saying YES to people’s requests, and that’s part of why I am where I am today, but I also helped them a lot more than I helped myself.
If my activities or priorities change, I’ll update this page. Last update was November 2016.
This post comes courtesy of the /now movement started by Derek Sivers.
Read more about it here.
Get the Entrepreneur Dad Toolbox for FREE!
As an entrepreneur dad, time is at a premium. Get the 10 free tools I used to build a massive side business, without sacrificing my family life.